Biggest Credit Card Bonuses For New Customers
Credit Card companies are competing harder than ever to win over new customers and it is no wonder that sign up bonuses continue to grow as the competitive landscape intensifies. A $500 Credit Card Bonus (sign up offer) is no longer a rarity – in this article we will review several of the most popular big sign up cards and will update this list as more major offers are released by credit card companies.
For this article we will focus on the credit cards with annual fees around $100 – there are several high end premium credit cards with annual fees in excess of $400 but we will review these in another post. This entry will focus on credit cards with large bonuses while maintaining a moderate annual fee. So far we have not found a credit card without an annual fee that competes with these cards but there are great sign up bonuses for no annual fee cards as well.
Bank of America Premium Rewards Credit Card
For Bank of America Customers who are looking for a premium credit card with a massive upfront bonus, this credit card fits the bill. The BoA Premium Rewards Card provides a huge sign up offer along with great purchase rewards – particularly for Bank of America preferred banking customers. The current offer for new customers includes 50,000 bonus points when $3,000 are made within 90 days of opening your new account. The 50,000 points are available for statement credit redemption worth $500.
Additional Features and Incentives For the BoA Premium Rewards Card:
- Customers are eligible for $100 in incidental travel fees each year (seat upgrades, baggage fees, etc.)
- Every 4 years, cardholders are eligible to receive $100 statement credit towards TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- Travel purchases and dining purchases are eligible for 2x points, all other purchases are eligible for 1.5x points
- Preferred Customers receive additional point rewards (25% for Gold Preferred, 50% for Platinum, and 75% for Platinum Honors)
- This Card has no foreign transaction fees and also provides customers with Travel Purchase Insurance when using your card
Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has already been reviewed in our Top Credit Card Picks For 2020 post but a write up on huge bonuses cannot be put together without including the CSP. This credit card will require customers to have a good credit score but the reward for getting approved is well worth it. The initial spending requirement for this credit card bonus is $4,000 in the first 90 days of opening your new account. These points can be used towards statement credit which is worth $500 but even better yet, customers can use this for travel credit worth up to $625.
Additional Features and Incentives For the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card:
- Cardholders are eligible for 2x points on all dining and travel purchases made with their credit card
- 25% bonus for points when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards (such as travel purchases)
- No foreign transaction fee and your annual fee of $95 is waived the first year (current offer)